Sunday, April 4, 2010

Easter Road Culture

Being an introvert, I like to consider carefully what information I share with others. For this blog I have been putting my ideas onto paper before starting to write on the blogger website. This has given me a chance to reflect on the main ideas I intend to post before starting to type, as well as increased confidence to share my thoughts publicly.

After setting up my alligator, oops I mean aggregator, I have been able to follow blog posts easily. This has given me an insight into the individual learning journey of other students in the graduate diploma of learning and teaching.

I have added a few comments onto other bloggers blog postings and now I find I would like to know if those bloggers have found a reason to respond to the comments I made. In order to check for a response it is necessary to keep logging into the blogs I commented on. I have not been able to find a way to follow comment updates using Google Reader. I wonder if this is a feature that other people would like to use as well? Because of the difficulty tracking comment updates it seems that blogs are more useful as independent journals which allow limited collaboration as an added bonus. If two-way conversations, feedback and collaboration are the main focus of web-based interaction it seems wikis will be more useful.

Today I started creating a wiki about integrating Road Culture learnings into high school Maths and Science education. I am passionate about the topic of Road Culture. I believe I will be a better teacher to my secondary Maths and Science students if I can show enthusiasm for the topic so my wiki is about exploring this thematic link in the public domain.

It took me a little while to decide what I should create a wiki about. It had to be a topic for which I would be most interested in reading others' opinions and developing a shared forum of knowledge, and I was conscious that the audience of the wiki could be worldwide.

Now, what I would like to know is, how do I get this wiki to be seen, and contributed to, by key people around the world?

No comments:

Post a Comment